Human Resources - Diversity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Carrie, welcome to our first virtuakl meeting

2 posters

Go down

Hi Carrie, welcome to our first virtuakl meeting Empty Hi Carrie, welcome to our first virtuakl meeting

Post  diversity Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:02 am

Couple of housekeeping things:
Would like you to keep/update a time sheet for my records.....right now - as of yesterday, you logged in 9 & 1/2 hours, right? And you will count meeting time, I'm assuming (in-person & virtually), okay? You can post updates and send once a week, okay?

Also, anyone talk to you about arrangement for traveling to NYC? Let me know....

Also, I like the broad-brush approach to the articles - great foundation for what lies ahead........let me know when you're in and ready.....K

diversity

Back to top Go down

Hi Carrie, welcome to our first virtuakl meeting Empty Re: Hi Carrie, welcome to our first virtuakl meeting

Post  Carrie_Bodie Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:05 am

for the first issue, ive made a time sheet on Excel

Carrie_Bodie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hi Carrie, welcome to our first virtuakl meeting Empty Re: Hi Carrie, welcome to our first virtuakl meeting

Post  Carrie_Bodie Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:10 am

also, ive clocked more than 9.5 hrs. i counted time spent designing this site, creating the template, and preminary research. ill send you and updated spread sheet weekly. as far as nyc, i havent heard from anyone about travel arrangements.

Carrie_Bodie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  diversity Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:12 am

Okay....great on the hours you've pulled together.just keep me in the loop weekly/Wednesdays so I have a runniing count... about NYC. you need to talk to them about this - the budget, the travel dates that work for you/us, they siad they'd buy the air tickety, you sshould pay for room & board & they'll reimbusrse & that I should find a decent hotel for you and I guess you make the reservations - what do you think?

diversity

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie_Bodie Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:13 am

that sounds good to me. who have you spoken to about this so I know who to get in contact with?

Carrie_Bodie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  diversity Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:15 am

John sent the information so you could start with him OR go the the folks in charge of interns - cause I think they may be paying for this

diversity

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie_Bodie Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:16 am

ok, ill try and get in touch with them this week or early next and let you know as soon as i hear something. as far as the summaries are going, is there anything you'd like to address or discuss more indepth?

Carrie_Bodie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  diversity Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:20 am

Have some questions but mainly intersted in 2 articles....both submitted yesterday = #2 & #4 - both deal with interesting aspects of diversity - re: # 2, any chance of getting/exploring models for how people think and how this can be tappedinto?

diversity

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie_Bodie Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:24 am

I liked those two articles as well. As far as article #2 goes, ill see if i can delve a little deeper into that subject matter. have you been able to read any of the articles with the links ive attached? ive been using a really useful database offered through the USC libraries website and didnt think about the fact that you might not be able to access them as you're not a student. if this is the case, let me know and any articles you're interested in i may be able to find on other sites

Carrie_Bodie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  diversity Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:29 am

sorry for delay - last posting didn't go through..........I'm interested in #2 re: 1 or more models for encouraging interaction during problem solving and yes would like copies of #2 & #4 since probably can't access

diversity

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie_Bodie Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:31 am

ok, well ill start looking for more info on that subject and ill look around to find copies of the articles for you as well. any other issues you'd like to address today?

Carrie_Bodie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  diversity Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:38 am

Other minor questions - what is transformational leadership (6/8 #3) is my only other question.....and FYI - re: 6/8 #5 - attended a trustee training program for hospitals = one way to start making changes in that industry area......will send email summarizing my key issues/questions/things to follow-up on, okay?

diversity

Back to top Go down

Post  diversity Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:40 am

Oh, and is multicultural training 6/8, #1 the same as diversity training?

diversity

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie_Bodie Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:46 am

transformational leadership is a style in which the leader aims to motivate and encourage his employees. its a very involved method of leadership. id actually like to find more written on it...the conditions where it works, when its proven to be ineffective, long term effects, etc. ill send more when i find it.

Carrie_Bodie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  diversity Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:50 am

Great.............leadership styles in general for getting the most out of diversity (if more exist) would be good........how 'bout we sign out - I'll send and email summarizing today's meeting and we'll take it from there - as mentioned in my voice message - this format is making me a little crazy - will await your sign-off reply/confirmation, okay?

diversity

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie_Bodie Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:52 am

sounds good. ill be working tomorrow-saturday so after today i wont be able to get much done until sunday so if any of things we discussed dont show up today, ill look into them next week. last night i began looking into inclusiveness so ill probably continue down that path today. signing off now. bye!

Carrie_Bodie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down